Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: TC1500 RGB to Component Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schmoe

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
beun wrote:
That does it, left shift here we go.

I thought we were trying to fix the "blue bands" issue, not left shift. Did I miss something?
View user's photo album (3 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They go hand in hand. The sync is moved too much into the video and the TV is clamping on the start of the video line instead of on the black level.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want me to send the card and TC1500 box/power chord back?
I cant wait until I see the new version Smile
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will send you a return shipment label when you get the new TC1500. One additional question, apart from the left-shift that was worse, how was the blue streaking?

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the banding was what I was saying was worse. I dont know what the shift stuff is. I can post pics if you need me to later tonight or tomorrow.
aworldnervelink

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to jump onto this thread... I have a PRO-720HD with HDFury and I'm experiencing the rolling blacks problem. Once a new version of the TC is available that fixes the blue banding issue I will happily purchase one!
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me give everyone an update on the progress as it has been a while ago. I have been focussing on additonal features and fixing all the errors. The final TC1500 will therefore have the following features provided I can all squeeze it into the case.

1) Adjustable gamma correction on the RGB input
2) Format independent shift over a whole line, this will fix the left shift issue
3) Automatic selection of SD/HD color space based upon line frequency

The status is as follows, I have finished the schematic for the adjustable gamma and I have a working simulation for horizontal picture shift. I am working on the final schematic and component selection for this shift function. The automatic color space selection is already implemented.

I also have to fess up to a fatal design flaw in the few prototypes I have sent out. I put a capacitor with too low of a working voltage in the power supply which means that they will all fail after a while in continous use. I will send everyone that already received one a free replacement of the final version.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Kim, and especially your honesty.

One question: what did you ever decide about using the tri-level sync that you mentioned a while back? Does the TC1500 need it for the Pioneers (and others?) or not?

Thanks.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmoe,

The tri-level sync does not seem needed and it adds a lot of complexity to the circuit, so for the beginning I will not implement that.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.. I look forward to it and will post results as soon as I get it. I am waiting on this guy before I think about getting a PS3 and thus Blue ray. If all goes well with my upconverting DVD player I will go rent a PS3 and post my results of that as well.
beun

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update on the progress, the schematic is finished and simulates correctly. I started on the board layout but it is tight.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TX_VTX

I have a PS3 as well as HD-DVD and FIOS TV (ok so I'm a geek). So far I've not seen anything with these different setups (Pioneer RPTV, HD Fury with or without TC1500) to indicate that the source is causing any issue. They all work fine on component and exhibit the same issue when using HDMI through the Fury. I've also tried the Vision FC4 and that had the same problem as the HDFury and TC1500 combined, albeit with a slightly softer picture,

Andy
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me give you guys another update, I have been working on the board layout for a few days now and I have to say it is squeezing to get it in its form factor. To give me some more routing room I have now converted the board to 4 layers. The few who have already seen it may have noticed it is a double board stack at this moment and I may have to go to a triple stack in the end.

Kim

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you having problem's with your connection to the forum? I was on friday night.

Can you give us a feature's update too Kim?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with the connection, why do you ask?

The schematic features are as follows, I now just have to squeeze it into the for factor:

1) Adjustable low level gamma boost on the RGB input
2) Full shift control to compensate for any picture shift.
3) Capable up to 1080p

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks for the update

and I just got a PS3 so I will be testing it when the unit arrives.

Not trying to push at all, but any idea how long it will take you?
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably take me a week to finish te board layout, another week to get sample boards, some people to test the new design and 2 weeks to start production.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update, I placed and routed all components. Now I have to spend some time to check that I haven't forgotten anything.

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

The routing is finished, the circuit checked and I am ready to order sample boards. I have to say though, those 4 layer boards are expensive.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am anxious to get mine, so I hope your testing will show they are ready for production.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: