Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Don't want to reinvent the wheel

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plicht

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Don't want to reinvent the wheel Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I want to ceiling mount my Barco 800 on a sheetrocked ceiling without major demolition or expense. I have a low ceiling and a screen that is goes almost all the way up to the ceiling, so I am thinking I want to get it as close to the ceiling as possible so I am thinking that the unistrut/allthreat method that I have seen on Curts site isn't practical. I can locate the joists but can't think of a good way to firmly attach the projector snugly up there. Someone must have figured out an elegant solution to this one.

Cheers,

Pete Licht
jkruger

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a mount one time that was just a big aluminum plate bolted to the projector and to the joists in the ceiling. There wasn't any adjustability but it sure was close to the ceiling. It was slightly wider than the pj in order to fit the joists. Getting the placement right the first time would be the trick to that one.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do that mount the screen AFTER the projector. That way you can get it all ligned up.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
plicht

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. The good news is that I can move my screen and/or resize it with a paintbrush!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plicht wrote:
Well. The good news is that I can move my screen and/or resize it with a paintbrush!

Well then you should be all set. Just remember to ger the front of the projector parallel with the wall you're projecting onto.

CRT.

HD done right!
plicht

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. It shouldn't be difficult since the ceiling joists are parallel to the screen wall.

By the way, I just stumbled across something that you might be interested in, Analog:

http://www.jnd.org/dn.mss/being_analog.html

Cheers,

Pete
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plicht wrote:
Thanks for the tip. It shouldn't be difficult since the ceiling joists are parallel to the screen wall.

By the way, I just stumbled across something that you might be interested in, Analog:

http://www.jnd.org/dn.mss/being_analog.html

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks Pete. Good read on that one. Thumbs Up

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: