Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: TC1500 RGB to Component Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
beun wrote:
The fact that 720p is not working is not suprising since the PRO-720HD does not seem to accept 720p according to what I can find on the internet. The problems at 1080i are worse because the backporch at 1080i is the shortest, even shorter than at 720p.

Is any of you up for another experiment, I would like to try the TCP2200 - which has a few more sync options - but in order to do that a PC with a free PCI slot is needed to power the card. The HDfury can than be directly connected to the TCP2200's input and the component output to the TV. I am starting to wonder if the Pioneer requires tri-level sync something that the TCP2200 has but the TC1500 not (yet at least).

Kim

I thought 1080i HD was always tri level sync?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, but most if not all displays accept regular bi-level sync even on 1080i and 720p. Tri-level sync is just more difficult to generate in a small circuit.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My source is a Sony DVP-NS75H. I had rolling blacks with 1080i.. I never tried any othe resolution before the 1500.

I'm willing to give the PCI card a shot if you want. I have a pc with an open slot.
TX_VTX

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this?
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send the PCI card to you today and it should arrive in a day or two.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the TC1500 accommodate 1080p24 resolution? I need to go from the HDMI output of an Onkyo 705 A/V receiver to the HDMI input on a Sony VPL VW60 projecter via exixting component cabling. From what I've read, it appears that this is possible by using 2 each of your TC1500 VGA (RGBHV) to Component Converters and the HDFury HDMI to RGB converters. Can you opine on this combination and application?

Thanks,

Jack
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the converts that you mention only go one way so no, that won't work.

You'd need:

HDFury -> TC1500 -> component cables -> a component to HDMI converter -> HDMI input on your projector

I've never heard of a "component to HDMI converter".

Why not just do:

HDFury -> TC1500 -> component cables -> -> component input on your projector

It'll give the same result. But more importantly, you really DON'T want to do that A/D conversion. Why not just pull an extra HDMI cable between the Onkyo and the projector. A good 25' HDMI cable is about $50-75.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
jwhart

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal:

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, Sony's projector has the "HDCP police" so that you can only access 1080p24 via the HDMI inputs. Unfortunately, when I built my house/entertainment room, HDMI didn't exist and all that I ran was RG6 coax in the exterior walls and ceiling; there's no "pulling" new cables of any kind...it would require tearing out sheetrock and be a major project! I'm still considering wireless HDMI when it becomes available but was hoping that this would work.

Thanks again,

Jack
CRT_Ben

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwhart wrote:
Kal:

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, Sony's projector has the "HDCP police" so that you can only access 1080p24 via the HDMI inputs. Unfortunately, when I built my house/entertainment room, HDMI didn't exist and all that I ran was RG6 coax in the exterior walls and ceiling; there's no "pulling" new cables of any kind...it would require tearing out sheetrock and be a major project! I'm still considering wireless HDMI when it becomes available but was hoping that this would work.

Thanks again,

Jack

At the very worst, couldn't you use the existing RG6 as a pull string to pull the HDMI cable along with a real pull string, and then use the pull string to pull the RG6 (and another real pull string for the future)? Even if there's no space for both the HDMI and RG6, the HDMI would completely replace the functionality of the RG6, and you could always put it back if you ever needed it in the future.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRT_Ben wrote:
At the very worst, couldn't you use the existing RG6 as a pull string to pull the HDMI cable along with a real pull string, and then use the pull string to pull the RG6 (and another real pull string for the future)? Even if there's no space for both the HDMI and RG6, the HDMI would completely replace the functionality of the RG6, and you could always put it back if you ever needed it in the future.

That would be my recommendation. Be careful not to actually PULL the HDMI cable through, but instead, use a string and tie to that and then attach the HDMI cable to run parallel with the string. The idea is that you don't want to put any strain on the HDMI cable (most are pretty fragile) - you want all the strain to be on the string.

Have you tried 1080p/24 vs 1080p/60? Do you notice a difference? Most people do not - it's subtle. If not, my original option is still the easiest: HDFury -> TC1500 -> existing component cable -> projector

You'll likely get better picture quality if you go 100% HDMI all the way however.

Kal

jwhart

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
CRT_Ben wrote:

That would be my recommendation. Be careful not to actually PULL the HDMI cable through, but instead, use a string and tie to that and then attach the HDMI cable to run parallel with the string. The idea is that you don't want to put any strain on the HDMI cable (most are pretty fragile) - you want all the strain to be on the string.

Have you tried 1080p/24 vs 1080p/60? Do you notice a difference? Most people do not - it's subtle. If not, my original option is still the easiest: HDFury -> TC1500 -> existing component cable -> projector

You'll likely get better picture quality if you go 100% HDMI all the way however.

Kal

Thanks again guys, unfortunately, there's no pulling of anything...way too many runs through small holes in studs and joists through numerous 90 degree and other turns. Right now, I'm connected HDMI out from the Blu-ray into the Onkyo 705 reeceiver and component out from the 705 to the Sony VPL VW60. I don't see where I need the TC 1500 unless there's something I'm missing? Also, I've never been able to see 1080p/24; I assume that the VW60 will give me at least the 1080o60 from the component inputs?

Best regards,

Jack
jwhart

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the specs on video resolutions for the VW60:

Composite video, Y/C video, 15 kHz (RGB/Component) 50/60Hz; Progressive component 50/60 Hz; DTV (480/60i, 480/60p, 575/50i, 575/50p, 720/50p, 720/60p, 1080/50i, 1080/50p, 1080/60i), HDMI inputs only: 1080/60p, 1080/24p

Therefore, it appears to me that the best I can get from the component inputs is 1080/50p or 60i?

Cheers,

Jack
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1080p/60 and 1080i/60 on digitals doesn't look any different as far as movies are concerned since the projector has to deinterlace everything anyway (there's no such thing as 'interlaced' on digital projectors). Read this: http://blog.hometheatermag.com/geoffreymorrison/0807061080iv1080p/

Kal

beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TX VTX,

Have you received the PCI transcoder? Did you have the time yet to take a look at it?

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim.. I got the card Sat, but just got back into town. I will look at it tonight. Do you have any specific resolutions you want me to try?
I will assume there are drivers on the cresscendo website.
Are there OS limitations?
beun

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No drivers, it only draws power from the PCI bus. Just put it in an empty slot connect the HDFury to tye VGA input and the TV to the component out. Definately try 1080i as that is the most difficult one.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.. I'm seeing the same thing with the PCI card.

Something to note - when I set the DVD player to have 4:3 output set to full (as opposed to normal) it is MUCH worse.
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does it, left shift here we go.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take that means you know what it is? do you need me to do anything else?
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what to do about it, now I just have to do it and make it work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: