Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

programing a crestron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Nice Avatar Jeff, is that your touchscreen?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
jmayes

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Nice Avatar Jeff, is that your touchscreen?

Yep, my home page Razz

JM
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff I made the ST-1500 touchpanel cable but need to test it. Any ideas ?
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To both Chip and Jeff. What model touch screen are you currently using and why ? Would like to do an upgrade at some point 8)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: programing a crestron Reply with quote

mack1 wrote:
Does anyone know how to program a crestron remote model st 1500c and st-cp

Mack I hope your following the programming thread ! Wink Wink Wink

You kinda got me into this.... Shocked
az_max

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmayes wrote:
......I built a widget called the IP-Commander,..... it has a serial port and an X10 port and can serve a mini website (only 45k of space).

Hi,
I'm actually interested in learning about the ip-commander. It's the one item I've been needing to complete lighting control over to Crestron. I have a CNMSX-AV system I've programmed myself to control the home theatre, but could not find a way to integrate x10 lighting into it.

I'm a self taught Crestron programmer. Starting with CNMS, moving to ST-CP and then to CNMSX-AV as the system complexity grew (all within 2 years). I currently have 3 serial controlled devices and 4 IR controlled devices. I've written modules for x10 and in-program power control (never implemented the x10, as I needed an older x10 serial device to do it). I started with x10, worked in HomeSeer for a while, have played with a half dozen HTPC apps. Settled on Showshifter. I'm here to learn and help others learn in HT control.

John
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are all the Crestron programmers and users out there. Any recommendations on upgrades ?
jmayes

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey az_max sorry for the late reply, missed the notice and have been stuck over in the other thread (part 2), you should have pm'd me. I am attaching the cut sheet for the IP-Commander, I still have a good piece of the last run around here so if your interested let me know.

JM

az_max wrote:
jmayes wrote:
......I built a widget called the IP-Commander,..... it has a serial port and an X10 port and can serve a mini website (only 45k of space).

Hi,
I'm actually interested in learning about the ip-commander. It's the one item I've been needing to complete lighting control over to Crestron. I have a CNMSX-AV system I've programmed myself to control the home theatre, but could not find a way to integrate x10 lighting into it.

I'm a self taught Crestron programmer. Starting with CNMS, moving to ST-CP and then to CNMSX-AV as the system complexity grew (all within 2 years). I currently have 3 serial controlled devices and 4 IR controlled devices. I've written modules for x10 and in-program power control (never implemented the x10, as I needed an older x10 serial device to do it). I started with x10, worked in HomeSeer for a while, have played with a half dozen HTPC apps. Settled on Showshifter. I'm here to learn and help others learn in HT control.

John

IPC_Sales1.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  IPC_Sales1.pdf
 Filesize:  146.4 KB
 Downloaded:  977 Time(s)

jmayes

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom.W wrote:
Where are all the Crestron programmers and users out there. Any recommendations on upgrades ?

Tom;

What were you interested in, A color screen? Wired or wireless? Larger? As far as controllers, Your ST-CP is already a CNX style controller so that only upgrade from there is more ports or the series II which is still pretty good bucks. Ports are easily added to the ST-CP via Cresnet modules so you will good there for some time.

JM
Kent Berry

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks,

The two Crestron threads seem to have gone cold. I hope everyone is OK! Very Happy

My story is pretty much the same as the others here. I bought a CNMSX-AV and an ST-1550C a few years ago from a Crestron dealer who was upgrading his personal system. One of my neighbors installs Control 4 stuff for a living and since I'm on the steep part of the learning curve for waaaay too many things right now I had pretty well decided to let him do the automation for my HT. Until I came across this thread.......

Now I think I've been bitten by the bug again, but here's the thing: while the guy who sold me the gear set me up pretty well, I seem to have lost one of the CD ROMs he sent me. I still have a copy of SIMPL, but I can't find my copies of DEAL, VT ProE, or the Crestron database. Where are you guys finding the software? I haven't tried creating an account on the Crestron website, because they make it pretty clear that you have to be a dealer to get the good stuff. Can anybody out there help a fellow DIY'er?

Thanks.
az_max

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent Berry wrote:
I still have a copy of SIMPL, but I can't find my copies of DEAL, VT ProE, or the Crestron database. Where are you guys finding the software? I haven't tried creating an account on the Crestron website, because they make it pretty clear that you have to be a dealer to get the good stuff. Can anybody out there help a fellow DIY'er?

Thanks.

Hi, and welcome. Easiest way to get the new software is to install the version you have, go to help and click live update. It will prompt you to download newer versions of all the software. Very Happy
Kent Berry

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az_max wrote:

Hi, and welcome. Easiest way to get the new software is to install the version you have, go to help and click live update. It will prompt you to download newer versions of all the software. Very Happy

Well dayum! That was easy. The keys to the kingdom! Thanks man.

More questions to follow, I'm sure. 8)
Kent Berry

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az_max wrote:

I realize you're using X10, but this could be a pretty painless way to add lighting control to Crestron, IF it works the way it should. Even in the world of Crestron, the Crestron lighting stuff has a reputation as being insanely expensive and is a hardwired system IIRC. Not retrofit friendly.

Looking ahead, has anybody figured out how to browse media? Obviously, a 2 way panel would be required but what else? MP3s I can live without, but I'm probably not going to get too serious about building a Crestron system if I can't figure out how to browse DVD cover art.
az_max

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent Berry wrote:
az_max wrote:

I realize you're using X10, but this could be a pretty painless way to add lighting control to Crestron, IF it works the way it should. Even in the world of Crestron, the Crestron lighting stuff has a reputation as being insanely expensive and is a hardwired system IIRC. Not retrofit friendly.

Looking ahead, has anybody figured out how to browse media? Obviously, a 2 way panel would be required but what else? MP3s I can live without, but I'm probably not going to get too serious about building a Crestron system if I can't figure out how to browse DVD cover art.

Yeah, but it's $700 Shocked

If you have a series 2 processor with ethernet, you can use an IP Client to connect to a web server to get images like that. Or you may be able to save some of them to the flash either with/without ethernet.
Kent Berry

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az_max wrote:

Yeah, but it's $700 Shocked

Yowzaa!! I didn't see that part. I wonder how much of that is Crestron licensing fees? Rolling Eyes

az_max wrote:

If you have a series 2 processor with ethernet, you can use an IP Client to connect to a web server to get images like that.

I was thinking of something along those lines. There's probably a way to get the controller to talk to another server or PC running DVD Profiler or something similar. Importing the right image into the right field would be the tricky part.
Hell_Hound

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i have a crestron CNMS and a touchpannel however i have no clue how to config it AND i don't have the software, i don't really think have much to worry about with the config its just the software i can't get.

can ANYONE please help me?

Thanks

Hell_Hound
Kent Berry

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awright, I got my little system programmed and up and running. It works great but I have a problem. My panel (ST-1550C) refuses to consistently power up to the last page after powering down. Most of the time, it reboots to Page 1 even though I have gone into the panel setup menu and set it to power up to the last page. Right now, I have it set to never power down (it just turns the screen off) and that fixes the problem but it eats through the battery charge pretty fast.

Anybody have any ideas? The unit sat in a powered off state for several years and I'm guessing that something is corrupted. Upgrading the firmware or reloading the present version would likely fix the problem but I can't figure out how to get a copy.

Thanks,

Kent
jkv

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom.W wrote:

I'm here..just a little late to the party!
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkv wrote:
Tom.W wrote:

I would like to learn more about creating new templates if your up to it. I have an ST-CP and an ST-1500 touch screen for the HT plus the needed program for programming Crestron's. You might want to start a new thread though...
jkv

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom.W wrote:
jkv wrote:
Tom.W wrote:

I would like to learn more about creating new templates if your up to it. I have an ST-CP and an ST-1500 touch screen for the HT plus the needed program for programming Crestron's. You might want to start a new thread though...

to be honest with you, I have never used VT-Pro templates; all of my clients always have different equipment to control, different touch panels and they all want to impart their own "personalities" on the UI. After I get an idea on how the client wishes the UI to "flow", I'll layout the UI with simple buttons and text. Once the client is happy with the flow, we then proceed to make it "pretty", adding color schemes, icons, etc.

Over the years, I have collected/created quite a few graphic images for things like lights, CDs, DVDs, cameras, etc which I always try to use.

For graphics editing, I use FireWorks, but most folks use PhotoShop. I always create a .png file and then export that in the best format that a target touch panel will support.

You are somewhat limited in the things you can display on a ST-1500; you may want to think about picking up a ST-1550C or even a ST-1700C.

The ST-CP is also limited depending on what you want to do down the road (it does not support SIMPL+). You could pick up a MC2W and really expand what your system can do. I use a MC2W in my theater and a CP2E for the house; they are connected with a serial cable so they share resources; for example, the touch panels in my kitchen and master suite have a button to "warm up" the theater, which allows me to start the theater remotely. Also, the Lutron lighting processors are connected to the CP2E so when the MC2W has to control the lights in the theater, it simply "tells" the CP2E what theater lighting scene it needs and the CP2E then informs the Lutron system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: