Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

BD+ cracked!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: BD+ cracked! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Saw this on Digg... poor Sony.

Bwwaaaahhhahahahahhahahaahahahaa....

Will they ever learn?

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.0.0

6.4.0.0 2008 03 19
- New (Blu-ray): Removes the BD+ protection from Blu-ray discs!
(for increased compatibility with titles released by Twentieth
Century Fox Smile )
- New (Blu-ray): Added option to enable / disable BD+ removal
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper no longer uses the Windows filesystem, it
has now its own UDF parser / reader.
Discs which cannot be read by Windows can now be copied with the
AnyDVD ripper.
- Fix (Blu-ray): Black display with some BD discs, e.g., "Layer Cake",
second release, "The Fugitive", "Wild Things" (all Region B)
- Fix (DVD): Small bugfix in "repairing defective disc structure"
function of AnyDVD ripper
- Fix (DVD): Problems with some Arccos protected titles, e.g.
"The Grudge", R1, US
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Download:
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6400.exe

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14787
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Joust

TV/Projector: Marquee 8501LC

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are offering an easter special discount.
by default get 20% but find an easter egg on their site and get 25%. I couldn't find the easter egg.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news. I would love to have a backup of all my disks on my server.Wink

Mike

Last edited by MikeEby on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's dynamic, but I found the easter egg on the CloneDVD mobile page:
http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd-mobile.html

I guess it doesn't matter though, because here it is: Smile

Wow, it's still almost $100 US WITH the discount. So, you've got almost as much in PowerDVD Ultra, AnyDVD HD and a BD drive as you would a PS3. Never mind the $500 worth of computer you have to put the stuff in. Schnikees.

I guess it beats having to buy a $2000 scaler to get frame-rate matching, but I don't think I'll be in the market for a BD/HD HTPC any time soon.

SC
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Wow, it's still almost $100 US WITH the discount. So, you've got almost as much in PowerDVD Ultra, AnyDVD HD and a BD drive as you would a PS3. Never mind the $500 worth of computer you have to put the stuff in. Schnikees.

I guess it beats having to buy a $2000 scaler to get frame-rate matching, but I don't think I'll be in the market for a BD/HD HTPC any time soon.

Yep. I don't bother with HTPC for Blu-ray playback and never will. My HTPC days are done. It just doesn't make any sense anymore for what I want to do. I can buy a PS3 for $399 and get the absolute latest/greatest Blu-ray support (with Profile 2.0 even coming within 10 days) with ZERO issues. It just works every time and boots instantly. Then if I really don't want 60Hz output I can buy a used scaler for around $500 to get 48 or 72Hz. $900 for a completely flawless, not flaky, instantly booting Blu-ray player that does any custom resolution/refresh rate I want. And oh yeah, it also plays games, videos, movie trailers, shows pictures, etc.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that email earlier today. Let's see how well the whole Bluray works on the HTPC with the new software.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
$399 and get the absolute latest/greatest Blu-ray support (with Profile 2.0 even coming within 10 days) with ZERO issues. It just works every time and boots instantly. Then if I really don't want 60Hz output I can buy a used scaler for around $500 to get 48 or 72Hz. $900 for a completely flawless, not flaky, instantly booting Blu-ray player. And oh yeah, it also plays games, videos, movie trailers, shows pictures, etc.

Kal

Kal,
What scaler outputs 1080p 72Hz for $500?

Mike

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
kal wrote:
$399 and get the absolute latest/greatest Blu-ray support (with Profile 2.0 even coming within 10 days) with ZERO issues. It just works every time and boots instantly. Then if I really don't want 60Hz output I can buy a used scaler for around $500 to get 48 or 72Hz. $900 for a completely flawless, not flaky, instantly booting Blu-ray player. And oh yeah, it also plays games, videos, movie trailers, shows pictures, etc.

A used Lumagen VisionHDP or VisionDVI.

Kal

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...I will check em out Smile I didn't think there were any.

Mike

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, neither. I thought more like a grand was what it took to go 1080i -> 1080p. That's good info - Thanks, Kal!

SC
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!!!! I didn't realize that the HD software players were $100. I used to disagree vehemently with Dave on HTPCs, but I may have to change my mind.Smile I guess the only saving grace is that the software being $100 plays both formats. I guess the HD-DVD drives should be dirt cheap by now and I saw a Blu-ray drive for like $130 at Frys.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
Holy crap!!!! I didn't realize that the HD software players were $100. I used to disagree vehemently with Dave on HTPCs, but I may have to change my mind.Smile I guess the only saving grace is that the software being $100 plays both formats. I guess the HD-DVD drives should be dirt cheap by now and I saw a Blu-ray drive for like $130 at Frys.

With my LG combo drive the PowerDVD was bundled. Don't forget also an HTPC can run plain old RGBHV. There is no need for a Moome or HDFurry. This brings the net cost down, cuts down on all the HDCP issues. Somewhere I thought I saw a Lumagen would not do 1080p@72Hz I'll see of I can find the thread on AVS.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
I just looked at the egg and the Lite-on does come with Powerdvd. It doesn't say which version, but that would bring the cost down unless they don't give you discount on upgrading.

I believe you are correct that the Lumagen is maxed at 60. I was always interested in the inexpensive solution and HTPC seemed to be that route depending on config. I just didn't realize how much the software cost.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
Mike,
I just looked at the egg and the Lite-on does come with Powerdvd. It doesn't say which version, but that would bring the cost down unless they don't give you discount on upgrading.

I believe you are correct that the Lumagen is maxed at 60. I was always interested in the inexpensive solution and HTPC seemed to be that route depending on config. I just didn't realize how much the software cost.

Ok...I found the thread. It was posted by Clarence.

Clarence wrote:

1920x1080P @71.928 is just beyond the Lumagen's bandwidth limit. That's why you need to reduce the HRES and create the custom res of 1800x1080P @71.928

Here is the link to the whole thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=988073&highlight=film+rates

The OEM version upgrades are available for PowerDVD they do lag somewhat behind the retail version. For instance the 1.1 profile upgrade for the retail version came out 1-31-08 while the OEM 2-25-08.

I see there is a new update for the retail that came out yesterday. Humm guess what I will be doing tonight. Smile

I originally bought the retail for a XBox HD-DVD drive. So I'm set for a while anyway.

Edit: I think the HTPC colorspace is a closer match for a CRT. Gamma correction while would be nice, it not almost requirement as it is with the HDMI adaptors.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
MikeEby wrote:
kal wrote:

A used Lumagen VisionHDP or VisionDVI.

Kal

Neither those nor any other scaler does 1080p 72. Also, no device accepts that "safely". It is beyond the spec.

A Vision DVI (available used for less than $400) will do 1080i/72 and up to 768p/60. A Lumagen HDP will do 1080i/96, 1080p/48, and 1080p/60. They are available for about $800 used.

I've not tried it, but you might be able to sneak in 1800x1080p/72 on the HDP.

A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a work station....
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! You're right Dave! I knew that but didn't notice that they had typed 1080p / 72.

(I just saw the 72 part).

But c'mon guys, why 1080p/72? There's only one or two projectors in the world that can actually resolve that properly. Some have said (Mike Parker included IIRC) that the stock G90 can't even do that .

Kal

MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Oops! You're right Dave! I knew that but didn't notice that they had typed 1080p / 72.

But c'mon guys, why 1080p/72? There's only one or two projectors in the world that can actually resolve that properly. Some have said (Mike Parker included IIRC) that the stock G90 can't even do that .

Kal

You are right about that Kal. Here is the best I can do with my XG 1080p@72Hz. I will sacrifice some sharpness to get away from the 60Hz jitter. I guess its just your prioritys.

Mike

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
kal wrote:

Kal

You are right about that Kal. Here is the best I can do with my XG 1080p@72Hz. I will sacrifice some sharpness to get away from the 60Hz jitter. I guess its just your prioritys.

Mike

It just add's a little softening to the image. Make's it more film like Very Happy

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:

It just add's a little softening to the image. Make's it more film like Very Happy

I would agree except that is a 1 on 1 off pattern. Smile

Mike

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. Full-on perfect resolving of 1080p is over-rated in my opinion. We're not running PowerPoints and looking at Excel spreadsheets on our projectors - we're looking at (mostly) images of people and the natural world. Since scan lines, pixels, macro-blocking, edge-ringing, over-sharpening, and other artifiacts aren't generally part of the natural world through our eyes, I think a little softening of the image can actually be a good thing if it masks some of the other artifiacts.

Motion artifacts are much more noticeable to me than a slightly soft image. I know I'd take a little softness over judder if I could. I can't wait until either all the HTPC apparatus is a little more reliable and affordable, or a processor with 1080p/24 -> 1080p/72 and gamma correction comes a long at an affordable price.

SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: