Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Blackmagic Intensity Pro question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipe3000

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Blackmagic Intensity Pro question Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi, I have been messing with the Intensity pro card for a few days now, and I am trying to accomplish one goal.
All i want is to watch HD tv through component on my desktop. I dont want to record or capture anything. I just want to watch HD tv on my desktop, that way I can move the screen around, adjust screen size, and work while I watch. So far iv only been able to do this inside of Adobe Premier's Capture preview screen and graphedits filters. Do I have to do real-time compression to accomplish this goal? it seems so unessessary considering all i want do is View the video, not capture it.

Thanks.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why 'Component on the desktop'? If you are not looking to capture, this route seems terribly expensive way yo accomplish what you describe.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there another way to do it?
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are your source(s)? If it's just OTA you want to watch, you could use something like a Pinnacle PCTV HD Stick (or another USB tuner) for <$100. Even if it's an external source that you want to display, do you really have to display HD? I mean, how much of the screen is even left over to allow for a window that's big enough to really enjoy the HD signal. What I'm getting at is it seems like you're going to a lot of trouble to put an external HD signal on the monitor you're working on, when for less money, you could just display it on an separate monitor! With an HD Fury or a transcoder, you could put an HD source on a decent CRT monitor, and not have to deal with scooting windows around, resizing windows, having application overhead, driver issues, etc.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Snipe3000

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to many sources, a vip622 and a wii. But yes, it needs to be high def, its a 30inch dell monitor. anything below 1080 doesnt work to well.
I'm curing if there is a program that will port the video into a display window. thats really all I need. would VLC media player work?

Thanks.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so satellite... and I see your dilemma: You've got a 30" display so you don't have any room on your desk left for any other monitors. Wink

I'm not a Windows guy, so somebody else can chime in here... But it depends how Black Magic's drivers work. If they plug into whatever the standard Windows video capture API is (DirectShow? I can't keep all the names of this crap straight - I'm dual OS - one is hard enough)... then VLC or practically any video app should be able to tap the Intensity card as a source and display it. Something like VLC would be great because you'll want something that can de-interlace.

I'd just try VLC first and poke around to see if you can make it display a source, and failing that, I'd go lookin' on download.com or google to see if there are some basic DirectShow (or whatever it is) capture apps that will just display in a Window without capturing.

Surely, BlackMagic plugs into a standard API. If they didn't, every app that wanted to capture from it would have to have BlackMagic drivers. Wouldn't make for very flexible hardware.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Snipe3000

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for your help, i'll start looking for little programs that might do the trick. Iv noticed Virtualdub almost works perfectly, but I dont think the de-interlace thing is working correctly in it. when ever i try to select an advanced preview option it says it cant do that. Iv been messing with VLC, cool program, but im having a hard time trying to get it to show any video.

Thanks.
Snipe3000

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I trying to get the EVR properties in my Graphedit to show up.

Here is what someone elses looks like:

And here is what mine look like:

As you can see I have no options. Anyone know a fix for this?
Snipe3000

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it working.
Is there anything I can do in there to increase video or motion quality?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: