Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: TC1500 RGB to Component Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Another update on the progress.

I will send out a second tester unit tomorrow. I havethe cases and the product stickers have been ordered today and should be here in a week or so.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: How to order? Reply with quote

How do we order the TC1500? I do not see it on the crescendo site?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: How to order? Reply with quote

TX_VTX wrote:
How do we order the TC1500? I do not see it on the crescendo site?

Just order the TC2000 here: http://www.curtpalme.com/TC2000.shtm
You'll get a TC15000. The page will soon be updated.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
andygiddings

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

thanks for the update and have already ordered one. If you want to see if this works as a solution when coupled with the HDFury for those of us with Pioneer RPTVs and rolling blacks through VGA input, I'd be happy to be an early tester and report back. Already have the Fury and the Pioneer issues are well documented by all of us in the HKMod forum,

Andy
TX_VTX

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto - I have the Fury - a TC1500 on order and a Pioneer PRo 710HD.
TX_VTX

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on this guy? I have one on order.

thanks - looking forward to trying it out.
Stinger65

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro 610 here, trying to get the PS3 to send 1080i. I am very interested if this solution works
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just send out one more tester unit and another one will go this Monday. We are getting closer.

Kim

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When final specs/pics are known Kim, send the info my way and I'll update the TC2000 order page to become the TC1500

Kal

beun

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal,

I just updated the Crescendo Systems website but I haven't created a new manual yet.

Kim

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

The TC2000 order page has been changed to TC1500 now. See: www.curtpalme.com/TC1500.shtm

This thread has also been 'converted' to TC1500 by modifying the original FAQ post and by erasing some of the TC2000 posts which are no longer relevent.

Kal

Stinger65

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When someone has a PS3 hooked up with the HDMI -> DVI-D -> HD Fury Advanced -> VGA cable -> TC1500 (new) -> Components -> Pioneer Elite Pro-610 in 1080i ----- PLEASE let us know! <eagerly awaiting>

Let us know if a 1080i game displays in 1080i and if the BLUray's display in 1080i..THANKS!
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am receiving some reports that although the TC1500 works as intended it does not fix a left shift issue when used together with a HDFury. Especially when used with regular TV's that really do not have a picture shift capability that would be a show stopper.

My question to you all, in order to fix this do you want me to put in a full line shift capability that will essentially fix this issue and how long are you willing to wait?

Kim

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your RTC2200 also couldn't remove the HDfury shift problem, it just shifts more in the same direction. I think if you allow the TC1500 to shift in the other direction, you'll get considerably more sales as most people are interested in the TC1500 as an add-on to the HDfury. I'd make sure to word it as such that the TC1500 will 'fix' HDfury left shift issues.

Kal

beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already started looking at a redesign of the RTC2200 for fixing the left shift issue. From a technical point however it would make much more sense to fix it in the HDfury, all signals are still in the digital domain and it much less of a kluge than fixing it in the analog domain.

Kim

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beun wrote:
I already started looking at a redesign of the RTC2200 for fixing the left shift issue. From a technical point however it would make much more sense to fix it in the HDfury, all signals are still in the digital domain and it much less of a kluge than fixing it in the analog domain.

Kim

It would make sense to do it in the HDFury however there's a huge installed base of 'Fury's out there already and they are waiting on pin's and needles ( Pionner RPTV guys for example) to see if this will do what they need. I'd love to see the capability to right shift the image and it would make it an upsell from a tech support stand point. Obviously the people that never have a problem with the left shift don't drop by the forum and tell us all is well. Where as everyone that has the left shift issue ( myself included ) would love to have a fix for it. So many happy HDFury customers that don't drop by here will have no use for this capability but the rest that are having problems will.

If you could include this in the RTC2200 and rename it say, RTC2201 maybe? AND Also add it to the TC1500 ( this is the more pressing one I'd think ) it would sell. I'd recommend it to people with the componnent set's that need this and for all the people that need VGA's RGBHV ( like me ) could pick up the RTC2201 it might generate more sales for you.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTC2200 Mk II is a better name IMHO. Smile It's still an RTC2200 but with an extra feature......

Kal

andygiddings

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

I'm not sure whether any of the reports on the left shift are coming from Pioneer RPTV users? I didn't see any left shift introduced by the Fury on an Elite 720HD (it may have been marginal). I would vote for shipping the TC1500 as is in order to see if it will fix the rolling blacks that we're getting with the Fury alone.

Andy
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

I will ship yours next week, I should still have a few boards left

Kim

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
RTC2200 Mk II is a better name IMHO. Smile It's still an RTC2200 but with an extra feature......

Kal

Ok Kal, but then we need some fancy looking buttons and knobs and switches! Make it look more impressive. Wink

andygiddings wrote:

Kim,

I'm not sure whether any of the reports on the left shift are coming from Pioneer RPTV users? I didn't see any left shift introduced by the Fury on an Elite 720HD (it may have been marginal). I would vote for shipping the TC1500 as is in order to see if it will fix the rolling blacks that we're getting with the Fury alone.

Andy

Right, and hope it fixes the dark banding issue too.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: