Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

input panel for conf room

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joust

TV/Projector: Marquee 8501LC

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: input panel for conf room Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have an architect friend designing an office. They want a setup to connect laptops etc to a TV/PJ in a conference room.
Is there standard panels for this sort of thing?

not sure if they are using Projector or LCD TV but I was thinking it would be slickest to have a hidden panel in a conference table that has the AV connections, power and LAN all there for the sources to plug in.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what they need, you can get premade ones. We usually custom made ours up at a local supplier. Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Extron-RGB-500-Series-5-Wall-Mounted-Video-Interface_W0QQitemZ110228537962QQihZ001QQcategoryZ21169QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's typical of what's available. Check the Extron site for more options. Super pricy when new, but as you can see, for NOS, they are dirt cheap.
Chuck27

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to visit customers....granted, they tend to be megabucks big companies.....amd their laptops AND projectors are all on wireless.

It's pretty slick.

using acreage for sound insulation since 1999
View user's photo album (17 photos)
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,

I think I've seen that before. Is it software that enables the projector to be a shared display over the network and they all connect through the wireless network into the projector.

I'm pretty sure they use something similar at the school where my Mom teaches
View user's photo album (1 photos)
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly (there's a first for everything I suppose) Clarence undertook the same task a year or so ago where he works or he had in the past and was helping somebody with the same question. I wonder if he went the wireless route??

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustGreg wrote:
If I remember correctly (there's a first for everything I suppose) Clarence undertook the same task a year or so ago where he works or he had in the past and was helping somebody with the same question. I wonder if he went the wireless route??

I was just going to mention that Greg. Good memory Thumbs Up

He was looking for a conference table wasn't he?

Edit: here's that thread:
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3171&view=previous
Wow I searched as fast as....um....Clarence!

PS I narowed that down to one hit....I am SO awesum tonight!

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Chuck27

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebu Fellenz wrote:
Chuck,

I think I've seen that before. Is it software that enables the projector to be a shared display over the network and they all connect through the wireless network into the projector.

I'm pretty sure they use something similar at the school where my Mom teaches

I think it's some sort of a wireless router that work more or less in reverse....it has several nodes that can each be accessed by someone on the network, and the projector, in essence, can be switched between them depending on who's laptop is being used for the presentation.

It seems like the way one would select a printer across a network, except in this case it's video.

As you can probably tell, I'm not a computer guy in RL.......Shocked

using acreage for sound insulation since 1999
View user's photo album (17 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: