Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Is this it...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOTREE

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Is this it...? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have to say first off I love the site and occasionally, when there is someone around, I drop into the chat room to see what others are up to in their own HT realm.

Anyway, I'm curious is there any plan to incorporate more forums/categories than what we have now? I'm not big on the idea of posting anything home theatre related into the CRT Forum as you only see it for a day and then it's lost on page 2 let alone page 23 that we're currently up to. I'd like to see a few more additions such as:

- HTPC
- Screens
- Keep a CRT General forum but divide/add Model Specific forums/sub-forums.

I think this would encourage more posting or topic specific threads to help each other out or just lay out what each of us is currently working on or has for a setup.

As it is right now there are too many OT topics in the CRT Forum to keep it technical and to be used as a resource for newcomers.

Just my $0.02CDN x 1.10025(current US exchange)

-Greg

kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not necessarily it... you guys are the judges of this here.

I didn't want to create a whole bunch of other forums just to have them sit empty as people hate to have to jump around forums to read.

If traffic about a specific subject picks up then by all means, we'll split it out.

Look at the Audio forum as an example. That covers *everything* audio (speakers/processors/amps/etc) and there are still only 12 threads there! If I was to split it up, there'd be 6 subforums with 2 threads in each. Not good.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I see it it is pretty good. I LOVE being able to post off topic anytime and not need Preperation H for it.

That being said a Forum with sticky posts covering technical info would be great. The only post I would like to see in the stickey forum would be ones that list a problem and have a soulution posted. Kinda like an FAQ of technical questions and answers. I know this makes a little more work for you but you end up reading everything anyways don't you?

I would also like to see a Screen forum too.

I do love they way this board's shapping up after such a sort time. Smile
View user's photo album (27 photos)
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Kal just administers the prepH while you're sleeping. Very Happy
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sticky technical posts is a good idea. Actually, I was thinking of going one step further and just cleaning them up and posting them on the main site somewhere in the "Tech Tips" section.

Lot of work though and my free time's not what it used to be...

We'll see....

Kal

P.S. Oh yeah.... I see you're a bit short on the prep H... bend over... Smile

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: