Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Screen masking system- top/bottom details
Screen masking system- top/bottom details
Title: Screen masking system- top/bottom details
Description: Some would say that you can't make 1/8" Masonite board extend 8' without it bowing. Not true. When mounting the rails make sure to shim them on the top/bottom or left/right to force the masking panel to want to bow towards the screen in the middle. Behind the panel put a Nylon guide or small pulley from the Screen Door aisle behind the panel. The panel will tend to ride on the guide and not bow.

Also, make sure EVERYTHING is square and true. Top and bottom panels should be exactly the same size. There are no stops or counterweights in this design. Top and bottom are perfectly balanced so they stay where you put them!

One limitation is the screen size. Since you can't get Masonite board longer than 8' (at least I don't think you can) then the usable screen width for this design is limited to about 93"...after mounting hardware.

Total depth of this design is ONLY 1 1/2" from face of screen (which is the wall in my case). I've had this system for over a year now and am thoroughly happy with the precision...although it isn't motorized...hhmmm....
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:42 am
Views: 390
Comments: 0
« Previous  -  Next »

Get the absolute best picture out of your TV/projector!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum powered by phpBB © phpBB Group