Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Stage & screen detail
Stage & screen detail
Title: Stage & screen detail
Description: Stage: The stage is made from 2x6's and plywood decking. Lined it with plastic and filled it with bags of sand (no resonance/echos). I forgot how much. Each morning I woke up and the sand settled. Added more! Did this for about a week until I got tired of pouring in more sand. The fuller the better. Plan ahead. Run a piece of PVC pipe through the back to route wires over to the other side. Also try to buy sand that isn't so wet. Look for the dryer bags...play sand. The front of the stage is that Plastiwood again! It's a piece of baseboard turned upside down.

Screen: the screen is just the drywall painted with Behr Premium Plus Interior Flat Ultra Pure White No. 1050. On top of that I used a version of the formula posted by algol on AVSForum on 01-22-03 "Mommy, Daddy's Painting the Screen... Again!" The formula was:

16 oz. Liquitex Basics Acrylic Gesso, white
8 oz. Liquitex Colored Acrylic Gesso, neutral gray
2 x 2 oz. Liquitex Concentrated Medium Viscosity Acrylic Artist Color, iridescent white
2 x 2 oz. Liquitex Concentrated Medium Viscosity Acrylic Artist Color, iridescent bright silver
2 x 2 oz. DecoArt Pearlizing Medium

If I remember correctly, that formula was for a DLP/Greyhawk-type screen. According to my notes I did not use the neurtal gray nor the iridescent bright silver. So my final formula was:

16 oz. Liquitex Basics Acrylic Gesso, white
2 x 2 oz. Liquitex Concentrated Medium Viscosity Acrylic Artist Color, iridescent white
2 x 2 oz. DecoArt Pearlizing Medium

And I substituted one (or two...can't remember exactly) jars of 4 oz. of Liquitex Matte Medium and more white Gesso to make up for the omitted components. I would go with one jar of Matte Medium and if it didn't look thin enough then add one more.
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:53 am
Views: 401
Comments: 0
« Previous  -  Next »

Get the absolute best picture out of your TV/projector!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum powered by phpBB © phpBB Group