9. Place the fan assembly back inside the G70 unit and connect it to the Sony
internal connector this way (you must check that wires colors vs SilenX
connector housing is OK):
10. Wrap 7cm of electrician tape all around the connector assembly:
11. Place the fan and housing assembly back in place (check that lower tabs fit
their slots) and replace the two black screws to secure it :
12. Update the rest of the fans (2) exactly like the first one:
All noise measurements were made before and after the fan replacement at a 1m
distance from the back of the G70 with it's outer plastic shell removed (ie:
worst case scenario).
Here is the results :
- Noise floor : 34dBA
- With original Sony fans: 47.4dBA
- With new SilenX fans: 39.4dBA
Overall noise Gain : 8dBA Not that bad! :)
That's it! The fans should all run fine when the unit is powered up. The big
difference being how G70 is now even quieter than before. Enjoy!
|Did you find this information useful? Please consider making a
donation to help defray the cost of managing and hosting future
articles, tips, and documents.
and a small percentage automatically
goes to support this site at no extra cost to you! Visit their
stores for sales.
Want to show off your
home theater? See our
Blu-ray Release List & Must-Have Titles.